The mission of the U.S. Army Natick Soldier Research, Development and Engineering Center
(NSRDEC) is to “Maximize the Warfighter’s Survivability, Sustainability, Mobility, Combat
Effectiveness and Field Quality of Life by Treating the Warfighter as a System”.
Our focus is to deliver world class research, development, systems engineering, and services
with a unique human-centric focus by:
• cultivating a highly motivated, expert, and agile workforce;
• exceeding customer and stakeholder expectations;
• delivering what we promise at an unprecedented pace and honoring our commitments;
• fostering long term strategic partnerships and collaborations with key customers, other
Government agencies, industry, and academia.
By treating the Soldier as a system, we strive to EMPOWER, UNBURDEN, and PROTECT the
Soldier to be comparable to other decisive weapon systems. The Soldier operates primarily
within a small unit. Therefore, we focus on both the individual and his/her tactical environment
including his/her unit.
Our goal is to provide the American Warfighter the best equipment for the best price through
research, development and engineering in the areas of:
• Combat Feeding Equipment and Systems;
• Combat Ration Research and Development (R&D);
• Warfighter Systems Technologies;
• Shelters and Life Support technologies for Contingency Basing;
• Airdrop - Advanced Personnel and Cargo Airdrop Systems;
• Textile Technologies;
• Modeling and Simulation;
• Warfighter Advanced Technologies.
• Technology Enabled Capability Demonstrations
We are deeply committed to making all our service members the best clothed, equipped,
sheltered, and fed in the world.
For more information:
US Army Natick Solider Research, Development & Engineering Center