The online application system is open from May 1 through November 1 for the fellowship class that begins the following September. We accept online application submissions only. Application materials are due by 12:00 midnight Eastern Daylight Time on Monday, November 1, 2014.
The AAAS Science & Technology (S&T) Policy Fellowships are opportunities for professional development and public service. They are operated by AAAS as part of its mandate to advance science and serve society. The aim is to foster scientifically informed, evidence-based policy and practice by involving scientists and engineers from a broad range of disciplines, backgrounds and career stages, and to build leadership for a strong S&T enterprise that benefits all people. Fellows engage their knowledge and analytical skills while learning first-hand about policymaking and implementation at the federal level.
Applicants may apply for up to two fellowship program areas. It is essential to ensure that each application meets all the eligibility criteria, includes all required information, and addresses all the questions in the candidate statement. Three references must be provided for EACH application.
The fellowships are competitive and the three-tier application process is rigorous. Tips for a successful application include:
- Start your application early.
- Contact your references as soon as possible to allow them sufficient time to write letters of recommendation.
- Encourage your references to read the Guidelines & Instructions for References.
- Read the eligibility requirements carefully.
- Read the Guidelines & Instructions for Candidates thoroughly.
- Make sure you have a clear understanding about the fellowship program area you are applying to and target your essay to the area in question.
Please note: You must use the online system to apply. We do not accept any submissions by post, fax, or email.
For more information, please visit: