This program is sponsored by the Air Force Office of Scientific Research (AFOSR) and is administered by ASEE, which provides the oversight and administrative structure for the selection and appointment of applicants. The objectives of the AF SFFP are as follows:
- To stimulate professional relationships among AF SFFP participants and the scientists and engineers at Air Force research facilities
- To enhance the research interests and capabilities of faculty (both new and experienced researchers) in the U.S. academic community
- To elevate the awareness in the U.S. academic community of Air Force research needs and foster continued research at AF SFFP fellows' institutions
- To provide the AF SFFP participant opportunities to perform high-quality and meaningful research at Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL) Directorates, Air Force Test Center, the United States Air Force Academy, or the Air Force Institute of Technology
- To provide nationally accredited mentoring of academic researchers at technical directorates of the AFRL, Air Force Test Center, the United States Air Force Academy, and the Air Force Institute of Technology.
For more information, please visit: