Small instrumentation (approximately $10K) can be critical to moving a program forward. Funding opportunities for such equipment are infrequent. To meet this need in the Rutgers materials community, IAMDN is pleased to announce a request for proposals for small instrumentation.
- Impact and Need: Relevant to current or proposed nanotechnology project
- Strategic Importance: Alignment with the vision/goals of IAMDN
- Participation: Number of research groups who will use the instrument
- Leverage: As it relates to future proposals
- Commitment: Instrument maintenance plan and facilitate use by others
Eligibility: Current Rutgers researchers actively involved in interdisciplinary research aligned with the science and engineering goals of IAMDN.
Format: In 2 pages or less, detail the instrument, its need and use, and how the acquisition will meet all the review criteria. A supplementary document indicating the instrument price (e.g. a quote) should accompany the two pages. Please indicate where the instrument will be located and how the instrument will be accessible to other users (if appropriate).
Total Funding: 9 to 12 awards
Deadline: Monday, April 10, 2017, 5PM
Award Start Date: July 1, 2017
Selection Process: A committee of senior faculty will review and rank submissions.