Department(s): IAMDN Executive Committee
Electrical and Computer Engineering
Research Interests: developing novel photonic devices for communications, sensing, beam steering and other applications
Home Page: Link
- Silicon nanophotonics: modulators, switches, light emission
- Photonic crystals: devices & physics (e.g. slow light, superprism)
- Silicon photonic microsystems: optical phased arrays, spatial light modulators, on-chip optical interconnects, optical information processing microsystems.
- Nanoimprint and molding
- Plasmonics and metamaterials; disordered and quasi-periodic media
- Other interests: polymer photonics; fiber optics; laser beam steering;gratings; liquid crystals; phased array antennas.
|Parity & Time Reversal Symmetry in Multi-dimensional Photonic Crystals
|Slow light Thermo-optic Switches
Dual racetrack Si micro-resonators for quadrature amplitude modulation